Wednesday 26 October 2011

It's Been a While

Okay, so I haven't posted in a while due to the fact that I'm organising and creating a yearbook for my school. Because I'm in year 11, and my school goes up to year thirteen AND my headmistress is an absolute b*tch, I'm not necessarily allowed to make one. Nevertheless, I've decided to ignore the threats of suspension from my headteacher considering this is my last year in this school and I've been there for eleven years and go ahead in putting together this book. 


Obviously, I'm not being encouraged or helped by the faculty at my school and so cannot form a yearbook committee - but oh well. Last week I went around the classes and asked who would be interested in buying one, and almost everyone supported me 100 percent! Another feature that I'm adding to this book is that I am in the process of making it augmented. 


This basically means that a few of the pictures in the book will be programmed into a software on the computer, and linked to a website. Using a webcam, you can hold up the picture to the webcam and some magically pixie stuff happens and a video or a game will pop up. It's pretty cool, and it will be the world's first ever augmented yearbook! Which I personally think is pretty exciting. 


If you want to find out more about how Augmented Reality works, search it in google because I haven't really got that much of an in-depth knowledge on the subject. Oh, and there are a couple of apps on the iPhone or iPad that have the software, which my dad created (thats how I know how to use it, and how I have access to it). 


Here's a link to a video of Augmented Reality being used in Hugo Boss in Sloane Square, London. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q4Aew-zx3w


So that's all I have to say about that...for now ;) 


Harri xx

No comments:

Post a Comment